Paint Out Plus: Abigail McBride & Lynn Mehta demos plus Paint Out in Exmore/Willis Wharf, VirginiaFriday, September 22, 2017
MAPAPA Members: $45, non-members: $55
This is a wonderful opportunity for a day of plein air painting in the town of Exmore, Virginia located halfway between Chincoteague and Cape Charles.
Painting demonstrations in the morning:
Abigail McBride - Painting the Figure in the Landscape. Abigail has developed a reputation as a dynamic teacher. Setting up with a model outdoors, she will demonstrate how to paint the figure in the landscape. She paints landscape, figure and still life working interchangeably with brush and palette knife. www.abigailmcbride.com
"Bridge" by Abigail McBride, 16" x 12"
Lynn Mehta - Painting the Impressionist Landscape. Lynn paints in a loose, impressionistic manner. In her outdoor demonstration she will help artists key in on their inspiration and be expressive while following the elements of good design and composition. www.lynnmehta.com
"Rising Tide on the Penninsula" by Lynn Mehta, 10"x10"
Meet up in the morning at Creamsicle Studio, 12141 Commercial Ave., Exmore VA 23350 (Peach and Cream building: corner of Front St./Commercial Ave).
First demo begins at 9:00 am.
Studio will be open at 8:00 for check-in. Jane Kafigian at Creamsicle Studios has graciously offered her studio for demos, use of restroom, and plenty of cold water.
Paint anywhere in the area afterwards.
Plein air painting opportunities include:
- Architecture in the town of Exmore, and the railroad station/caboose.
- Village of Willis Wharf with marsh vistas, watermen on the working waterfront.
Additional Plein Air Events!!!
5:30-7:00 pm - In addition to painting all day, the town is offering the opportunity for an “Off the Easel Sale” held at the Town Park in Exmore. Set-up and leave anytime. Or, sell off your easel during the day!
7:30 -9:00 pm - Take a break in the evening with the FREE theatre "under the stars" in the town park. The Brown Box Theatre Project from Boston will be presenting Shakespeare’s “Hamlet”.
PLEASE feel free to stay Saturday and paint on your own or elsewhere on the Virginia Eastern Shore.
- Exmore/Rte.13: All within 5min drive to Creamsicle Studio.
- Hampton Suites, Quality Inn &Suites, Holiday Inn and Suites.
- Seafood, Mexican, Pizza, Chicken, Chinese, Fast Food.
- Food Lion supermarket, pharmacy, dollar stores, hardware.
- There is one small limited art supply in Nassawadox, ‘Smiling Dolphin’ (4 miles south).
- WalMart has some items 20 minutes north, Onley, VA.
Contact: Jane Kafigian email@example.com