Mt. Vernon Place Plein Air
CALL FOR MAPAPA ARTISTS ONLY!
Registration is being handled by Baltimore Heritage, NOT by MAPAPA. Please use this link to register and pay:
Sunday, September 29th, 2019
A Special Event at the Garrett-Jacobs Mansion
11 W Mt. Vernon Place, Baltimore, MD 21201
1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Deadline for registration: Friday, May 31, 2019
Fee: $25.00 registration
Artists may paint any day from July 1st through September 29th, 2019.
Come to Mt. Vernon in Baltimore City to capture the neighborhood’s charm and activity. Artists will paint within the boundaries of Mount Vernon Place defined by Madison St. on the north, St. Paul on the east, Centre Street on the south, and Cathedral St. on the west. Artists must be prepared to exhibit finished, framed paintings done in plein air by 12:00 noon on September 29th. At 1:00 p.m. there will be a Sale & Reception until 5 p.m.
All artwork must be for sale and will be priced by the artist. Artists are urged to provide three paintings for purchase. All artwork must be signed and labeled with title, artist, and price on back. A portion of sales will benefit the Garrett-Jacobs Mansion (35% to Garrett Jacobs, 65% to artist). Artists must bring easels for display of paintings, including table easels if appropriate.
• Saturday June 1st at 5 p.m. Deadline for registration.
• July 1st through September 29th artists paint within the Mt Vernon boundaries described above. (Paintings must beproduced in this time frame).
• September 29th, artists deliver and set up their paintings at 11W Mt. Vernon Place between 10:00 a.m. and 12 noon.
• Artists attend Reception and Sale from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
• Artists remove any unsold paintings and easels from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Artists must be MAPAPA members. Participation is limited to 25 artists.
Prizes will be awarded at the Reception
Please contact Kathleen Kotarba with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org